Monday 17 October 2011

Noosa

Had a really good few days in Noosa, stayed at Dolphins Beach house which was about a 2 minute walk to the sea! Arrived at about 3pm so didn't do much that day!
On Saturday me and Beatrice, a girl in my dorm went to the Eumundi Markets which were really good - even though it was pouring with rain! We only stayed for an hour because of the weather but I still managed to spend some money and bought myself a bracelet :)
In the afternoon the weather got a bit nicer so I went for a walk along the beach.


The next day me and Beatrice decided to hire a surfboard as it was free to hire them from the hostel. I choose a girly board with pink hearts on it! But it wasn't the kind of board I was used to surfing on, as I've only used the soft boards for beginners! When we got to the beach the waves weren't great but we headed out anyway and attempted to surf. It was a bit of a disaster! I didn't managed to stand up and spent most of the time doing massive nose dives and feeling like I was stuck in a washing machine!! It was still good fun though anyway! After about an hour in the water I gave up and spent the next few hours lying on the beach watching other people surf. 


That evening as it was still a bit cold me and the other people in my dorm decided to rent a film, so we all sat in our living room (each dorm has its own living room, kitchen and bathroom) and watched 'Yes Man'.

The next day I was leaving for Rainbow Beach but my bus wasn't until 1pm so I decided to do the coastal walk from Noosa Main Beach to Sunshine Beach - the beach near my hostel. It took about 2 hours and was very scenic with lots of gorgeous bays and beaches, and it was right along the edge of the National Park. 


Next stop Rainbow Beach to do Fraser Island!!

No comments:

Post a Comment