Monday 17 October 2011

Malanda part 2!

Had a lovely time at the Travellers Rest yet again! Me and Sarah went on a couple of nice days out as Mike and Tracy let us use their car.
We went to a place called Coffee Works in Mareeba which was ok, even though I don't like coffee! Luckily as well as the unlimited coffee tasting (which I forced myself to try... still don't like it!) there was unlimited chocolate tasting too which I definitely took advantage of! 
We also went to a place called Kuranda. I'd wanted to go for a while so was pleased to finally get to see the place! It was a really cool village, very hippy! There were a couple of markets and nice little shops to look in. Me and Sarah both decided to get braids in our hair! Haven't had one since I was about 7 years old!! We then went on a walk to a Barron Falls which was pretty impressive!


Another day we decided to go on a walk around Lake Eacham which was good - we needed the exercise after all the yummy food we were being given! It was a pretty walk round the lake and through the rainforest. Towards the end of the walk was a lookout point where you cold see turtles swimming in the lake!




Next we went to Millaa Millaa falls where the Herbal Essences advert and Peter Andre's Mysterious Girl video were filmed! I'd been here before when I was in Australia with my sister 2 years ago but wanted to go back anyway! Although the water was pretty cold I still decided to go for a swim :)


On the days we didn't venture out we spent most of the time just chilling out or helping out making beds or packing beef jerky! So we had a really good time yet again at the Travellers Rest! I'm sure I'll be back there again in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment