Tuesday 12 April 2011

1 week to go!

Can't believe that this time next week I'll be at my hotel at Manchester airport, then the day after I'll be flying to Australia! Doesn't seem long ago that it was over 100 days!

It's all starting to feel real now. I finished work on Saturday which felt pretty strange. Before this job I'd only ever worked weekends when I was in school/college. This is the first job I've had where I've been in work 5 days a week with the same people. So in a way it was quite a sad last day! Had a few drinks with work people that evening which was nice.

I had a bit of a dilemma last week when I found out there were only 3 other people booked onto OzIntro at the same time as me. A few tears were shed as I've paid a lot of money to do this and the whole point of booking with OzIntro was to be put in a group and make some new friends, and the bigger the group the more likely it is that there will be people I get along with! I quickly sorted it out though, and have moved to the group starting on the 2nd May, rather than 25th April. The other 3 girls in the original group have also done the same. So instead of a group of 4, I'm now in a group of 13! It does mean I've had to sort out accommodation for an extra week in Sydney before I start, but I don't mind that too much. I've booked to stay at Wake Up hostel for 4 nights (after my 3 nights at the YHA - couldn't afford more nights there!), then I'll stay at Surfside Backpackers, Coogee (the OzIntro hostel).

So I've got a pretty busy week ahead of me. I'm going to Chester with my mum and sister on Saturday for a day out, and to pick up any last minute essentials! Got a doctors appointment tomorrow to get a couple of prescriptions. Sunday is Mum's birthday so we're going out for a meal. Then I need to see family, sort out random stuff like exchanging money, photocopying all my important documents, backing up everything on my Macbook, and actually pack my backpack!

I'll probably post on here just before I leave so there will be one more update before I finally get to Oz!

No comments:

Post a Comment