Monday 7 March 2011

Travel Insurance

After extensive research I've finally sorted out my travel insurance!
I decided to go with mindthegapyear.com as their standard gap year insurance covered pretty much everything I need. It includes medical, cancellation, personal effects and money etc. It also covers any work I'll do, and various activities including scuba diving, white water rafting, surfing, bungee jumping and lots more! I've gone for the Australia & New Zealand only package, as it includes 7 days worldwide on my journey to and from Australia, so if I want to spend a couple of days in Singapore on my way home I can do!
One thing I'd found quite difficult when researching insurance options was finding a company who would insure my laptop, as most backpacker insurance policies only cover valuables up to around £250. But for an extra £29, mindthegapyear have insured my laptop up to the value of £1000!

So my insurance in total has cost me just under £350 (£299 standard policy, £20 excess waiver, £29 laptop insurance). Yes, it's a lot of money, but worth it I think incase anything goes wrong while I'm away!

No comments:

Post a Comment