Friday 4 March 2011

Purchases!

Thought I'd update my blog seeing as my departure date is drawing closer!
I've bought a few bits and bobs over the last few months for my trip that I think are worth mentioning in my blog!
The most important thing being my rucksack! This was actually the first thing I bought, even before my flights and visa! I've got a Eurohike Colossus Transporter... sounds exciting! To put it simply, it's a rucksack with wheels. It also has a detachable daysack that I think will come in useful.
I had been undecided as to whether to take a suitcase or rucksack so I thought this was a happy medium! I can put it on my back for bumpy roads and stairs, or wheel it on smoother paths. It's 65L so should fit in everything I need. I want to try and have plenty of space left over for anything I might buy while I'm out there.


My rucksack!


Other useful items I've bought include:
- Dry bags (to keep my stuff dry, obviously!)
- Sleeping bag liner (incase the hostel bedding is horrid)
- Packing cubes (really useful for keeping clothes organised)
- Mini sewing kit
- Travel clothes line (not 100% sure if I'll use this but it doesn't take up much space)
- Padlock


Another thing I really want to buy is a microfibre towel, as I've heard great things about these and they save so much space. So I'm currently trying to decide what size to buy! Do I go for a small one that'll save more space, or something that'll cover more of me?!


I'll probably update this again in the next week as I'm narrowing down my travel insurance options, so once I've sorted that I'll post on here.
46 days to go! Can't believe how quickly time is going!

1 comment:

  1. I took a silk sheet liner as it drys really quick and it keeps you warm and cool and weighs nothing i also took a very light down sleeping bag and lots of layers

    ReplyDelete