Wednesday 20 April 2011

At the airport...

The day has finally arrived. I've said all my goodbyes and I'm currently sat at Manchester Airport taking advantage of the 30 mins free wifi to pass the time. I've still got about 35 mins til boarding. 

Managed to pack my bag on Monday with some help from Phil, my stepdad. I'm pretty sure I've got too much stuff, but won't really know what I need til I get there. Luckily OzIntro offer free luggage storage for the year in their office so if there is something I don't need then I can always leave it there, or post it home.

I'm feeling pretty nervous at the moment, I'm not a fan of flying so I picked a pretty silly country to go to really! I think I'm more scared of the flight then actually being in Australia on my own!! But I am looking forward to experiencing the A380 plane. It says on the Qantas website that The Kings Speech and Toy Story 3 will be two of the many movies on the onboard entertainment system so I'll probably watch those!

Anyway, don't want to spend too much more time writing this so I'll leave it with a picture of my very full bag!




Next time I update I'll be in Sydney!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, just stumbled across your blog! I want to do this at some point in the next couple of years so will be following your journey :) Best of luck, looks like you're going to have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You should definitely plan a trip to Oz! I'll hopefully be keeping my blog updated the whole time I'm here :)

    ReplyDelete