Wednesday 16 November 2011

Cairns & the Atherton Tablelands - again!

We arrived in Cairns at about 6pm and checked into Global Waterfront backpackers - the 3rd time I'd stayed there!
We used our $5 meal vouchers and headed to P.J O'Briens Irish pub for food and some drinks! Becca had the steak and I had the chicken parma, for $5 it was pretty good! Got a glass of wine included in the price too! We had a couple more drinks before heading back to the hostel.
The next day we went shopping to look for a new camera to replace the one I broke on Magnetic Island! Managed to find a good one. After having always had Canon cameras I decided I wanted a changed and went for a Sony one! So far it seems pretty good!
We had sushi for lunch which was yum, then went for a walk around Cairns to take some photos and sat by the lagoon.


In the evening we went on a pub crawl which was really fun! Started at P.J O'Briens and went to a few different bars, getting a free drink in each one! I managed to get a second free drink in one of the bars by being the best Macarena dancer!! Haha! It was a good night and I think it was about 3am when we got to bed!


The next day we just stayed at the lagoon as we were pretty tired, before picking up our hire car as I was taking Becca to meet Mike and Tracy at the guesthouse in Malanda! It was really good to see Mike and Tracy again! Becca had brought a few things from Wales for them, like some Bara Brith and a calendar with photos on North Wales on it. I think they liked them! That evening me and Becca where treated to a meal out, then later on I showed them the video of my skydive!

The next morning we said goodbye to Mike and Tracy and we set off on our little Tablelands adventure! I took Becca to Lake Eacham where we found some turtles swimming in the lake, we went to Yungaburra and discovered a really cool cafe which had loads of cool arts and crafts thing to buy. I also took her to the Curtain Fig Tree, a place Tracy had taken me and Sarah to the first time we went to Malanda. Then we headed to Kuranda as I'd really liked it there last time we went. But unfortunately most of the shops were closing so we didn't get to see much.



Soon enough it was time to return the car the Cairns airport, and catch our flight to Melbourne. After having spent nearly 6 months there, it was time to say goodbye to Queensland!

No comments:

Post a Comment